The Competitive Cheer Coaches Association of Michigan (CCCAM) is thrilled to be able to offer Academic Scholarship(s) each season to our Competitive Cheer athletes!
The amount awarded and the number of recipients is determined annually, based on the funds raised through the Scholarship Invitational meets held in December.
Eligible athletes must have an accumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.5 through the end of their Junior year, be a member of a current MHSAA Competitive Cheer team and be a
The applicant's coach must be a current CCCAM member and the team MUST compete in the annual Scholarship Invitational.
The scholarship application must be completed and sent by the applicant (or coach) a copy of the high school transcript, two letters of recommendation and a short essay.
Please note the “received by” information on the application form.
To complete application:
Requirements & Guidelines
Applicants must follow all requirements to be eligible.
- Must be an MHSAA Competitive Cheer sponsored school.
- Applicants are limited to graduating Seniors.
- Applicants are to have a 3.5 cumulative GPA on an unweighted 4.0 scale through the end of their Junior year.
- All scholarship recipients’ requests must be received by the 2nd Sunday in February of the current calendar year.
- The coach submitting the application must be a current member of CCCAM and the individual athlete must have competed in the current season’s CCCAM Scholarship Invitational.
- Submit a copy of transcript (word official can come out) of high school transcript including unweighted G.P.A. through Junior year and proof of SAT Score.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from high school teacher, administrator or any organization director; other must be from current coaching staff member. These must be completed
using the ONLINE RECOMMENDATION FORM.
- Applicant shall complete online portion of application and send transcript, including unweighted GPA, and proof of SAT score, to the scholarship director. Compile all documents into
a single envelope.
- Must include an essay. The essay will cover the topic: "How Competitive Cheer Has Impacted My Life." Include career goals, hobbies, talents, organizations you are a member of any awards
or recognition you have received, community service you have done, and any leadership roles you have taken on in your high school career. The more specific, the better
- Extra curriculars must be submitted in LIST format, not essay.
If your team did not compete at a Scholarship Invitational, your application will not be accepted.
Email transcripts to:
STRICT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 12th, 2023